- Socio-cultural, psychological, organizational, and clinical perspectives towards enhancing Respect for Human Dignity (e.g., diversity & inclusiveness, sexual assault prevention, healthy relationships training)
- Evidence-based research methods in leadership development
- Responsiveness to operational and policy needs
- Trans-disciplinary approach to the research and design more effective human-machine teams.
- Human subjects research
- Developing cadet critical thinking and scientific reasoning through educational innovation in research projects that matter beyond the classroom
- Human-machine teaming
- Social implications for Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPAs)
- Concussion research
- Respect for human dignity
- Evidence-based leadership
WAYS TO PARTNER
Grants – Collaborate on traditional grants.
BAA – Collaborative agreement between the WERC and industry partners.
Windows on Science (WoS) – Foreign scientists are funded to visit U.S. Air Force sites.
CRADA – Agreement by which researchers are able to form partnerships with non-federal entities.
Educational Partnership Agreement – agreement used to loan/donate equipment to educational institutions.
Engineer & Scientist Exchange Program (ESEP) – Provides on-site working assignments for U.S. military and civilian engineers and scientists in allied and friendly governments’ organizations, and the reciprocal assignment of foreign engineers and scientists in U .S. defense establishments.
U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Summer Research Program (CSRP) – Behavioral Science students (cadets) entering their final/senior year of study participate in 5-6 week undergraduate summer internships funded by host/sponsor.
Memorandum of Agreement – Agreement by which researchers are able to form partnerships with federal entities.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, please contact the WERC Director (email@example.com).
The WERC engages cadets with real-world projects to research and design solutions for current and future operational missions. As cadets work together on these projects, they develop knowledge and skills towards the following outcomes:
-Respect for Human Dignity
-Leadership, Teamwork, & Org Dev
-The Human Condition, Culture, & Societies