From Interstate-25 take Exit 156 (North Gate) or Exit 150 (South Gate). This entrance is open to visitors from 5:30 am to 10:00 pm every day.
When entering the gate, have all vehicle occupants’ identification ready for presentation. Valid forms of photo identification include a driver’s license. Expired IDs will not be accepted. Anyone under the age of 18 is not required to present a form of identification.
As of August 21, 2023, non-US citizens with a foreign passport visiting the U.S. Air Force Academy must be sponsored by a military-affiliated member and must report to the Pass & Registration Center (PRC) to obtain a pass to enter the base. The PRC is located outside of the South Gate at Exit 150 on the right side of the road and is open 7:30 am to 3:45 pm Monday through Friday.
Non-US Citizens that have coordinated with their military affiliated representative for access via Entry Authorization List (EAL) do not need to report to the PRC. Non-US citizens with a foreign passport coming to visit the Academy without a military affiliated sponsor will not be authorized entry onto the Air Force Academy.
You may be asked to share additional information such as proof of insurance and vehicle registration. If applicable, have your car rental agreement handy. All vehicles are subject to inspection by security personnel, so we may ask you to pop your trunk.
- Obey all signs and speed limits, and wear a seatbelt at all times.
- Watch for wildlife such as deer, elk, and wild turkey.
- Be mindful of cyclists, joggers, pedestrians and cadet training activities.
- Radar detectors are prohibited.
- Handheld cell phone usage is prohibited. Drivers may use a cell phone only with a hands-free device or if the vehicle is parked.
- Motorcyclists are required to wear a Department of Transportation approved helmet, goggles or face shield, protective clothing such as long sleeved shirt/jacket, pants, and full-fingered gloves, as well as over the ankle footwear.
- Reflective vests are not required, but highly encouraged.
- Bicyclists must wear helmets and reflective outerwear.
- Group riders must stay in single file with traffic on base roads.
- All bicyclists must be off base roads four hours prior to events at Falcon Stadium due to heavy traffic.
Concealed carry is limited to Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act credentialed personnel, credentialed civilian law enforcement personnel in the performance of official duties, and credentialed agents assigned to Defense Criminal Investigative Organizations, Federal employees, retirees and/or dependents that are 21 years or older and have a Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit, or a permit with any of the Colorado reciprocity states, may conceal carry their privately owned firearm in their privately owned vehicle while transiting the Academy, but may not remove the firearm from their vehicle. Open carry of firearms is not authorized on the Academy.
For additional help accessing the base, contact Security Forces at 719-333-2000 or 719-333-8430.