WELCOME TO THE U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY
We’re short on air, but not on views. Located just north of Colorado Springs, at the base of the Front Range, our campus sits on 18,500 acres of breathtaking mountain panoramas. The youngest of five military service academies, we boast stunning mid-century modern architecture, state-of-the-art Division I athletic facilities, and unparalleled academic research centers. Here 4,000 exceptional young men and women from across the United States become future leaders in service to our nation.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a repeat guest, we hope to make your visit memorable and inspiring. Our visitor resources include important details for getting on base, business hours, and places of interest. Explore the campus using our convenient self-guided tour or visit us through our incredible virtual experience from the comfort of home. Take advantage of the Colorado outdoors using our handy trail guide or by taking part in ample fishing and hunting activities. Bringing the whole family? Our scavenger hunt, Instagram-worthy photo spots, and frequent furry visitors will keep the kiddos on their toes.
Let’s get you on your way…
EXPLORE THE CAMPUS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the weather like at the Academy?
- What is the altitude at the Air Force Academy?
- What are the signs of altitude sickness?
- Are there accommodations for guests with limited mobility?
- Does the Academy provide certificates for Boy Scout and Girl Scout achievements?
- Where are public restrooms located?