- Structural testing and analysis (full-scale, component level and coupon)
- Material degradation (corrosion, cracking, etc.)
- Material processing, testing, and development
- Structural teardown analysis and root-cause analysis
- Educational outreach and curricula development
- Service loads and environment measurement and structural impact analysis
- USAF Aircraft Structural Integrity Program support; component & full-scale testing, teardown analysis, flight data acquisition, root-cause analysis, modeling, etc.
- Structural re-design, material substitution, prototyping, and validation testing
- Basic research in material degradation prevention and control, OSD sponsored Technical Corrosion Collaboration between university, DOD, and commercial research groups
- Multiple educational outreach programs: courses, videos, science center exhibits, student design challenges, college readiness programs, etc.
Cadet, now Captain, Sarah Collins presents her research on the impact of corrosion on DoD weapon systems to the 23rd Secretary of the Air Force, Deborah Lee James.
Dr. Gregory A. Shoales, PE