- Structural testing and analysis (full-scale, component level and coupon)
- Material degradation (corrosion, cracking, etc.)
- Material processing, testing, and development
- Structural teardown analysis and root-cause analysis
- Educational outreach and curricula development
- Service loads and environment measurement and structural impact analysis
- USAF Aircraft Structural Integrity Program support; component & full-scale testing, teardown analysis, flight data acquisition, root-cause analysis, modeling, etc.
- Structural re-design, material substitution, prototyping, and validation testing
- Basic research in material degradation prevention and control, OSD sponsored Technical Corrosion Collaboration between university, DOD, and commercial research groups
- Multiple educational outreach programs: courses, videos, science center exhibits, student design challenges, college readiness programs, etc.