LINES OF EFFORT
- The Law of Military Operations in Outer Space
- The Law applicable to Cyber Operations
- Emerging Technologies and the Law of Armed Conflict/International Humanitarian Law
- Annual United States Space Command Legal Conference – This annual conference helps tackle the difficult legal issues involving the increasingly congested, contested, and competitive domain of space and how the United States can continue to promote responsible, peaceful, and safe use of space.
- LTWRC Monthly Webinars – Each monthly webinar features a presentation by subject matter experts on legal issues involving military operations and the law. Past presentations have included topics ranging from legal issues when targeting for space operations to conducting lawful countermeasures in outer space. Future webinars will explore similar legal issues with both cyber technology and emerging technologies (such as autonomous weapons, artificial intelligence, and unmanned aerial vehicles).
- Space Law Community of Excellence – This is a community of academics and operational attorneys who collaborate to research the most challenging aspect of space law, with an emphasis on military operations.
- Law and Technology Summits – Each summit brings industry together with military legal practitioners to explore new industry developments and their potential use in warfare.
- Partner of the Woomera Manual – The Woomera Manual project seeks to develop a Manual that objectively articulates and clarifies existing international law applicable to military space operations. Projected publishing date of Jan 2022.
- Member of the Law of Armed Conflict and Military Operations (LACMO) International Research Network – The LACMO Network is a consortium of universities, institutions, and research groups from around the world. Its aim is to promote and jointly execute research activities and projects in relevant areas of international law related to armed conflict, the law of military operations, and cyber security law.