Skills Development Courses
- For Lang 131/132 – Introduction to the Language, Culture, and Civilization
- For Lang 151/152 – Accelerated Basic: Foundational Language, Culture and Civilization
- For Lang 221 – Intermediate I: Refinement of Language Skills
- For Lang 222 – Intermediate II: Continued Development of Language Skills
- For Lang 321 – Advanced I: Capstone Course for Skills Development
- For Lang 322 – Advanced II: Follow-on Capstone Course for Skills Development
- For Lang 365 – Civilization and Culture (contemporary issues)
- For Lang 370 – Specialized courses in German, French, Spanish and Japanese
- For Lang 376 – Introduction to Literature
- For Lang 491 – Specialized Language Course (advanced readings)
- For Lang 492 – Semester Exchange Program Preparation
- For Lang 495 – Special Topics
- For Lang 499 – Independent Study (normally offered to cadets who have completed all courses)
- Enhancement courses may be taken out of sequence with department approval.
SUGGESTED COURSE SEQUENCE
|Portuguese||131 / 151||132 / 152||221 / 321||222 / 322||321||322|
For full program requirements and course descriptions, download the current Curriculum Handbook.
VALIDATION AND TRANSFER CREDITS
Validation and transfer credit is considered when cadets enter the Academy. Cadets may receive transfer credit for AP courses or courses taken at a previous college or university. Before classes start incoming cadets prioritize the languages they would like to study, as well as take a placement test to determine the appropriate course level. Cadets who score well enough can earn validation and transfer credit for existing language skills.
Dr. Robert Carriedo
Director of Academics