The U.S. Air Force Academy is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) to grant the Bachelor of Science Degree to qualified graduates.
As a member institution of the HLC, the Academy is fully committed to transparency in reporting student achievement to internal and external stakeholders. Enrollment, retention rates, graduation rates, graduate placement rates, and average starting salary of graduates for the last five years:
|Cohort Year||Class Year||Enrollment||Retention Rate||Completion/ Graduation Rate||Graduate Placement Rate||Average Starting Salary|
- “Cohort Year” corresponds to the fall in which freshmen begin academics. “Class Year” corresponds to the spring in which seniors graduate.
- Enrollment is reported from the start of the academic year in the fall.
- Retention rate is the percentage of first-year students who began their studies in fall of the academic year and returned the next fall.
- Completion/ Graduation Rates are for full-time and first-time students who graduate in 6 or less years and 4 years, respectively.
- All graduates are assigned positions upon commission and graduation from the United States Air Force Academy.
- Average Starting Salary includes base pay, basic allowance for housing (BAH), and basic allowance for subsistence (BAS) for an O-1 with < 2 years of service. BAH rates are based on duty zip code and whether the officer is “with” or “without” dependents. The Colorado Springs locality with no dependents is used to compute “average” BAH for the above average starting salary; other zip codes will vary.
Data provided by IPEDs College Navigator (Enrollment, Retention and Graduation Rates, Accreditation)
Institutional Research Offices
The Institutional Research Offices produce a variety of reports and products aimed at informing the greater Higher Education community, U.S. Air Force Academy leaders, current and future students, alumni, and the general public.
Class of 2022 Graduation Fact Sheet
Class of 2021 Graduation Fact Sheet
Due to the Privacy Act of 1974 there are limitations on the type of data that can be shared outside of the institution. Our office recommends any members of the public or other non-United States Air Force Academy personnel wishing to request additional data contact the United States Air Force Academy Public Affairs office and/or the United States Air Force Academy Freedom of Information Act office.
The Institutional Research Office supports all Human and Animal Subjects Research Protections. More information regarding these programs may be found in these info sheets:
Human Subjects Research Protection: USAFA HRPP Info Sheet
Animal Subjects Research Protection: USAFA IACUC Info Sheet
For more information regarding Human Subjects Research Protections or United States Air Force Academy IRB, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding the U.S. Air Force Academy Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, please contact email@example.com.
The Institutional Research Office also manages survey control for the institution. Survey control includes oversight and approvals for surveys/feedback/interviews/etc. conducted with the U.S. Air Force Academy personnel. For more information regarding our survey program, please contact USAFA_Surveys@afacademy.af.edu.
Point of Contact
Directorate of Operations and Analysis (HQ USAFA A3/9)
2304 Cadet Dr., Suite 3800, USAF Academy, CO 80840