The United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) to grant the Bachelor of Science Degree to qualified graduates.
As a member institution of the HLC, USAFA is fully committed to transparency in reporting student achievement to internal and external stakeholders. The following includes retention rates, graduation rates, graduate placement rates, and average starting salary of graduates.
|Enrollment||Retention Rate||Completion / Graduation Rate||Graduate Placement Rate||Average Starting Salary|
|USAFA Bachelor of Science Degree||4,237||94%||83% (6-year)
- Enrollment reported from the start of the academic year in fall of 2016.
- Retention rate is the percentage of students who began their studies in fall of 2015 and Returned in fall of 2016.
- Graduation Rates of Full-time, First-time Students to graduate in 6 or less years and 4 years, respectively, who began in fall of 2010.
- All graduates are assigned positions upon commission and graduation from USAFA.
- Average Starting Salary includes base pay, basic allowance for housing (BAH), and basic allowance for subsistence (BAS) for an O-1 with < 2 years of service.
Data provided by IPEDs College Navigator (Enrollment, Retention and Graduation Rates, Accreditation)
Point of Contact
Directorate of Operations and Analysis (HQ USAFA A3/9)
2304 Cadet Dr., Suite 3800, USAF Academy, CO 80840