USAFA CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremony 9:30 am
Graduation Week for the Class of 2018, the Capt Louis Zamperini Class, and the 60th Graduating Class will begin on 20 May and conclude with the Graduation Ceremony at Falcon Stadium on Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
The entire Graduation Week is infused with tradition and honor. Activities start with Preparatory School Graduation and Baccalaureate Services. Cadets and their guests then take part in receptions, award ceremonies, concerts, parades, air demonstrations, commissioning ceremonies and more.
The week culminates at Falcon Stadium with the Graduation Ceremony. Speakers rotate between the President of the United States, Vice President, Secretary of Defense and Secretary of the Air Force. At the close of the ceremony, cadets are dismissed and toss their caps into the air. Cheers and celebration are silenced by the roar of the legendary Thunderbirds as they fly in formation over the Academy to congratulate the graduating class.
Department of Defense Warrior Games
Approximately 300 wounded, ill and injured service members and veterans will compete in the 2018 Warrior Games, a Paralympic-style competition among the U.S. Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Special Operations Command. Athletes from the United Kingdom Armed Forces, Australian Defence Force and the Canadian Armed Forces will also compete.
When: 1-9 June, 2018
Where: U.S. Air Force Academy (multiple locations)
Events: Archery, cycling, field, shooting, sitting volleyball, swimming, track, wheelchair basketball. And for the first time in Warrior Games history:
indoor rowing, powerlifting and time trial cycling.
The 2018 Warrior Games are free and open to the public!
For more information
2018 Opening Ceremony & Concert with Kelly Clarkson
Join us for an evening with Kelly Clarkson, Master of Ceremonies Jon Stewart, a performance by Eric Paslay and the incredible athletes of the 2018 Warrior Games!
- This event is a FREE Show, but tickets are required for entry. Tickets may not be resold. If you order tickets but find you cannot attend, PLEASE give them to others to enjoy. Let’s show our Warrior Athletes and families a full stadium for this kick-off celebration concert!
- No tickets available on-site aside from pre-arranged will call. ID is required to pick-up will call tickets. Lost tickets CAN NOT be reprinted on-site.
- Ceremony will be at the U.S. Air Force Academy Falcon Stadium.
- All spectators must enter through the North Gate of the Air Force Academy. North Gate opens at 3pm for Ceremony ticket holders.
- Parking is FREE and lots open at 3pm.
- Those needing handicap parking, please follow signs. Shuttle is available from handicap parking to stadium.
- Tailgating is allowed BEFORE the ceremony. After the ceremony, parking lots will be cleared as quickly as possible in preparation for a busy competition schedule the next day.
- RV entry is permitted in specified areas, parking staff will direct you.
- Stadium doors open at 5pm. Please be in your seats for the pre-ceremony concert starting at 6pm.
- Stadium Food and Beverage concession stands will be open.
This is 5K/10K mile race held on the United States Air Force Academy open to the public! The course goes around the “Hill” where AFA Cadets are trained on a daily basis. Participants will see views from the Front Range overlooking Colorado Springs north-side and run some challenging inclines! It is a beautiful area to run and a challenge to boot! The purpose of this event is to honor our local Wounded Warriors and Veterans while raising funds to support the local Wounded Warrior Foundation, Mount Carmel Veterans Service Center of Excellence, and USAFA Professional Organizations who support both our Active Duty and Enlisted veteran community. A portion of funds raised from this event will go to Wounded Warriors Foundation Colorado Springs and Mount Carmel Veterans Service Center of Excellence. The remaining funds will be split between 5 USAFA Enlisted Organizations. These organizations are led by the enlisted force at all levels working on USAFA. They help to ensure our hard working Airmen get honored properly when they make rank, win awards, or need support in times of tragedy. There will be a Family Fun area setup to entertain non-racers and racers a like. Come out and have some fun with us while supporting our men and women who sacrifice so much for our Freedoms!