Visiting Faculty Program
Dear Esteemed Engineering Professionals,
Here at the U.S. Air Force Academy, we strive to develop and hone our engineering curriculum to keep pace with the modern world. One of the ways we accomplish this is by continuously seeking new ways of thinking from new sources. Your expertise and experience are the characteristics we seek. I want to invite you to apply to the Visiting Faculty Program for the Engineering Division and become a part of producing Air Force leaders.
The Visiting Faculty Program is an opportunity to instruct undergraduate cadets and future Air Force officers at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our engineering disciplines include Aeronautics, Astronautics, Civil Engineering, Computer and Cyber Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Systems Engineering. This program affords visiting professors the opportunity to utilize the research facilities and high performance computing capabilities within all of our engineering disciplines. This program is a fully funded one-year sabbatical opportunity—from late June 2021 to late May 2022—and is open to U.S. Citizens who are employed by an institute of higher learning, by a state/local governmental body, or who are civilians in the Federal Service. A minimum of a Master’s Degree in their field is required.
Application packages are due Oct. 10, 2021 and must include the following documents:
- Candidate Information Worksheet; please do not fill out the fields for date of birth, social security number, place of birth, or family information unless you can send encrypted emails. We will solicit this information later should you be selected to a position.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Visiting Faculty Program Salary and Benefits Tip Sheet (filled out by your HR/Payroll office.)
If you are interested in the Visiting Faculty Program and have questions, please reach out to
the Engineering Division point of contact, Captain Connor Wiese, at (719) 333-9200, or one of the disciplinary contacts below:
- Aeronautical Engineering: Captain Connor Wiese
- Astronautical Engineering: Major Grant Thomas
- Civil Engineering: Dr. Tom Phelan
- Computer and Cyber Science: Dr. Steve Hadfield
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: Dr. John Ciezki
- Mechanical Engineering: Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Radzicki
- Systems Engineering: Lieutenant Colonel Jeffrey Newcamp
I hope you consider applying for this year’s Visiting Faculty Program. If this year does not work for you, please consider joining the Engineering Division in a future year. Additionally, I invite you to share this information with any colleagues who might be interested in joining the Engineering Division as a Visiting Professor.
LINELL A. LETENDRE
Brigadier General, USAF
Dean of the Faculty
Important Informational Links:
- Candidate Information Worksheet, Sept. 16, 2021
- Visiting Professor Program Fact Sheet AY 21-22, Sept. 16, 2021
- Visiting Professor Program Salary and Benefits Tip Sheet, Sept. 16, 2021