GIFTS & HISTORICAL PROPERTIES
While there is no museum at the United States Air Force Academy, we still proudly receive and display gifts and historical properties around campus. These items include cadet uniforms, graduate memorabilia, paintings, replicas of WWII aircraft and display aircraft.
CURRENT GIFTS AROUND CAMPUS
- T-38 Talon and A-10A Thunderbolt II, “Chopper Popper” (Thunderbird Airmanship Overlook, South Gate)
- B-52D Stratofortress, “Diamond Lil” (North Gate)
- McDonnell-Douglas F-15 Eagle, General Dynamics F-16A Fighting Falcon, Republic F-105D Thunderchief and McDonnell-Douglas F-4D Phantom II (Cadet Area, viewable from Cadet Chapel)
- Memorial Statues and Bronze Scale Models (Cadet Honor Court)
- Artifacts from Hap Arnold, General of the Air Force; Women in the Air Force; Prisoners of War; Tuskegee Airmen and more (Arnold Hall)
For information on gifts and memorials, contact the Museum Specialist at (719) 333-4411.