The Cadet Awards Program incentivizes cadets to elevate their academic, athletic, military training and leadership performance. Awards are given to individuals and units and include both material rewards and public recognition to create a culture of friendly competition and enhance morale.
Sponsors are invited to attend award ceremonies at the United States Air Force Academy to connect with cadets and personally present the honor.
CATEGORIES OF CADET AWARDS
- Organizational – Recognize a cadet squadron or group for outstanding achievement in academic, athletic, military training and extracurricular endeavors. Awards are presented annually at the Organizational Awards Parade on Memorial Day and include:
- Guidon Streamers
- Individual – Recognize individual cadets who achieve excellence in academic, athletic and military training. Awards are presented annually at the Individual Awards Ceremony on Memorial Day and include:
- Bronze replicas of the Academy’s Eagle
- Bronze replicas of the Fledglings statue
- Specialty – Recognize individual cadets who have excelled in an academic discipline or a specialized area of interest. Awards are presented throughout the year at small ceremonies within academic departments or activities and include:
- Other forms of recognition
Anyone can sponsor an award. Sponsorships cover the price of the award presented. Sponsors are invited to award events and are responsible for their travel costs.
Development and Alumni Programs Division
2304 Cadet Drive, Suite 351
United States Air Force Academy, CO 80840-4410