Directorate of Plans and Programs
Institutional Assessment Division
Institutional Review Board | Reports | Services | Survey Program
Institutional research and assessment activities performed by our offices help the Academy achieve its mission by providing much of the information necessary for assessing productivity and effectiveness. Major areas of responsibility for the office include the following:
- Maintaining university data. A partial list of the types of data kept include the following: (1) enrollment, (2) student characteristics, (3) graduates, (4) retention and attrition rates and (5) graduation rates.
- Managing the USAFA Survey Program . This program provides institutional review and coordination for data collection efforts involving students, faculty, staff and support personnel working at the Academy.
- Preparing studies and analysis. This includes one-time or recurring studies to provide information for policy and decision making. Frequent topics include retention and attrition issues, performance of graduates, impact of USAFA Preparatory School activities, and assessment of cadet character development.
- Providing information to the Academy administration, faculty, and staff to assist in management decision making.
- Responding to the information needs of students and other constituents.
- Administer the Academy Institutional Review Board .
- Completing numerous national surveys and questionnaires. These questionnaires represent data regarding the Academy which are published in national publications such as Peterson's Guides, Barrons, Money Magazine, U.S. News and World Report, College and University Personnel, The College Board, Orchard House, American Association Of University Professors, and CGS/GRE Survey of Graduate Enrollment.
The appearance of commerical products or hyperlinks on this web site along with the views and opinions of authors, products or services contained therein does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force Academy. These sites are used solely for authorized activities and information that supports the organization's mission. The U.S. Air Force and the Air Force Academy do not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these link location. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web Site.
- Preparing Integrated Postsecondary Data System (IPEDS) reports. This includes numerous reports like the following: (1)Institutional Characteristics, (2) Completions/Degrees Conferred, (3) Faculty Salaries, (4) Occupationally Specific Enrollment, (5) Fall Enrollment, and (6) Employees.
- Supporting external researchers. The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment serves as the clearinghouse for external researchers wishing to utilize the Academy for research purposes. We can provide contact information for potential sponsors and can facilitate review of research protocols and data collection instruments for use at the Academy.
For more information about A9A please contact us:
Institutional Research and Assessment Division
2304 Cadet Drive
USAF Academy, CO 80840-5002
DSN 333-3091, Commercial (719) 333-3091
FAX: DSN 333-3263, Commercial (719) 333-3263
If you have any questions or concerns about this website please email XP Webmaster .