U.S. Air Force Academy's
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Comments to the IRB Administrator | Meeting Schedule | IRB Membership
Protocol Preparation Documents | Related IRB Links
Frequently Asked Questions | IRB Home | A5/8/9 Home | A9N Home
The appearance of hyperlinks on this web site along with the views and opinions of authors, products or services contained therein does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force Academy. These sites are used solely for authorized activities and information that supports the organization's mission. The U.S. Air Force and the Air Force Academy do not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these link location. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web Site.
Overview Briefings (the following are MS PowerPoint presentations prepared by
- IRB Policies and Procedures
- The Code of Nuremberg (1949)
- Title 5, U.S. Code, Section 552a (The Privacy Act)
- The Belmont Report (1979)
- Title 32, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 219 (DoD, Protection of Human Subjects)
- Title 10, U.S. Code, Section 980 (informed consent requirement)
- DOD Directive 3216.2 (Protection of Human Subjects in DoD-Supported Research) (Acrobat document)
- AF Instruction 40-402 (Using Human Subjects in Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation) (Acrobat document)
- USAFA Multiple Project Assurance , the basis for USAFA IRB policy (Acrobat document)
- USAFA Supplement 1 to AF Instruction 40-402 (Acrobat document)
- USAFA Supplement 1 to AF Instruction 36-2601 , USAFA Survey Program (Acrobat document)
- Reference Materials are also available at the Cadet Library behind the circulation desk.
Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R) Conference Materials for years: 1993, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005. IRB 101 Conference Materials from 2004, USAF I40-402, USAFA Supplement 1 to USAF I40-402, Belmont Report, 32 CFR 219, 45 CFR 46 Multiple Project Assurance – USAFA, IRB Templates, 6 Training Videos, HIPAA Brochures.
For more information about A9N please contact us:
Institutional Research Division
2304 Cadet Drive, Suite 3800
USAF Academy, CO 80840-5002
Commercial Phone: (719) 333-6593
FAX: Commercial (719) 333-4309 or DSN 333-4309
If you have any questions or concerns about this website please email XP Webmaster .