DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY PREPARATORY SCHOOL
USAF ACADEMY, COLORADO
Colonel Gerald P. Szybist
5220 Cedar Drive, Suite 117
USAF Academy CO 80840-3100
Dear Cadet Candidate Select,
Gerald P. Szybist, Colonel, USAF
Day of In-Processing Information
- Your admission letter signed by Dr. Prosseda will be your key to get on base. Please ensure your driver has a current Drivers License, Insurance Card, and Registration. Vehicles are subject to search by the 10 ABW/SFS.
- If you are delayed for any reason and will not arrive at the time required, immediately call 719-338-5648 to let the Prep School know. We will advise you what to do.
- Priors report to the Prep School between 1000-1200 on 12 July 2015 at the F-100 Static Aircraft (near dorms/West end of campus). Do not report any earlier than 1000.
- Directs report to the Prep School between 0730-0800 on 15 July 2015 (Use In-Processing map under general information)
You many find the following information useful as you plan your arrival to the USAF Preparatory School. Some lists, FAQs, etc. are under review while others are final.
- There are several fees/expenses required to pay by ALL Prep School students upon arrival at USAFA:
- Textbooks: Exact Amount TBD - will be updated NLT 1 July. Approximate amount will be $1400. Must be paid with check upon arrival at In-Processing.
- Supplies: Exact Amount TBD - will be updated NLT 1 July. Approximate amount will be $500. Must be paid with check upon arrival at In-Processing. This fee covers items such as required undergarments, name tapes for uniforms, and required school supplies.
- Football Tickets must be purchased directly from the Air Force Athletic Department. Please go to Go Air Force Falcons. Parents and Cadet-Candidates can order seasons and single Parent’s Weekend Game tickets.
Click Tickets at the top
Click Promo Codes from the choices
National Guard and Reservists ONLY
*** ONLY DO THIS STEP IF YOU ARE SERVING IN THE US NATIONAL GUARD OR US RESERVES ***
- Have your command fill out the following 2 forms and mail them back. (See addresses at bottom of page.)
- Example: Guard And Reserve (DD368)
Public Affairs Release
- The candidate has to sign his/her name, print his/her name and write the date in the “talent” box. Everything else should be left blank. Bring this form with you to In-processing.
Association of Graduates Bed and Breakfast
- Students may take advantage of the bed and breakfast option the Association of Graduates (AOG) offers the night before in-processing. Students can sign up and the AOG will coordinate a ride from the airport, a safe place to sleep, and a meal for them to eat all for a very small cost.
- Association of Graduates Bed and Breakfast
USAFA Prep School
USAF Academy, Colorado, 80840
Welcome to the U.S. Air Force Academy Preparatory School! Please read and comply with all the instructions in the following documents to ensure a smooth transition when you arrive. If you have questions, please contact 719-333-2580. Print out the following information/checklists - all checklists must be printed out and completed prior to arrival at Inprocessing!