Previous Eaker Lectures
1. (1979) The
2. (1980) Choices for the 1980s, by Dr. William W. Kaufmann, Professor of Political Science, M.I.T.
3. (1981) The Strategic Balance and Strategic Realities in the 1980s, by Mr. Richard R. Burt, Director, Bureau of Politico Military Affairs, Department of State (Delivered by Mr. Robert Blackwill).
5. (1983) Defense Challenges of the 1980s, by General David C. Jones, USAF, Retired, Former Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff.
6. (1984) Foreign Policy, Military Strategy, and Defense Management, by Lieutenant General Brent C. Scowcroft, USAF, Retired, Chairman, President's Commission on Strategic Forces.
7. (1985) Reflections on US-Soviet Relations, by Michael H. Armacost, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs.
8. (1986) Joint Service: Plans and Operations, by General Paul F. Gorman,
9. (1987) Policy Implications of the President's Strategic Defense Initiative on National Strategy: Two Perspectives, by Lieutenant General James A. Abrahamson, USAF, Director, Strategic Defense Initiative Organization and Mr. William E. Colby, Former Director, Central Intelligence Agency.
10. (1988) The
11. (1989) National Security Policy: Challenges for the 1990s and Beyond,” by General Robert T. Herres, USAF, Vice Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff.
12. (1990) Managing a Changing Air Force: Perspectives of Its Former Secretaries, by Former Secretaries of the Air Force Edward C. Aldridge, Jr.; Verne Orr; and Hans M. Mark.
13. (1991) The Gulf War and Afterward, by Caspar W. Weinberger, Former Secretary of Defense.
14. (1992) Space And The Warfighter, by General Donald J. Kutyna,
15. (1993) The Challenges to National Security and the Role of the Military in the New World Order, by General David C. Jones, USAF, Retired, Former Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff; General Robert T. Herres, USAF, Retired, Former Vice Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff; and Generals Lew Allen and Larry D. Welch, both USAF, Retired and Former Air Force Chiefs of Staff.
16. (1994) Peacekeeping, Peacemaking, and Peace-Enforcement, by Ambassador Rodger G. Harrison, Retired, Former Ambassador to Jordan; General James P. McCarthy, USAF, Retired, Olin Professor of National Security and Defense Studies and Former Deputy Commander in Chief, European Command; Brigadier General Ian C. Douglas, Canadian Forces, Retired, Senior Advisor to the Special Representative to the Secretary General for Liberia; and Colonel Harry G. Summers, Jr., USA, Retired, a syndicated columnist for the Los Angeles Times and holder of the Marine Corps University's Brigadier General H.L. Oppenheimer Chair of Warfighting Strategy.
17. (1995) Airpower in a
18. (1996) Sustaining Flight Through the Power of Knowledge, by Dr. Paul G. Kaminski, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology.
19. (1997) Defense Strategy in the Post-Cold War Era, by Dr. William J. Perry, Former Secretary of Defense.
21. (1999) Educating the National Security Professional for the Next Millennium,” by the Honorable Ike Skelton, U.S. Representative, Fourth Congressional District,
22. (2000) Civil-Military Relations in
23. (2001) Visions of the 21st Century and Beyond, by Peter Schwartz, Chairman Global Business Network.
24. (2002) National Missile Defense Changing Technology and Global Security, by Lt
Gen Ronald T. Kadish, Director of Missile Defense Agency.
25. (2003) The New
26. (2004) The Development of the Professional Officer in the Twenty First Century, by Eliot A. Cohen, Professor of Strategic