Online Renewal Instructions
The USAFA Library computer system allows you to bypass the circulation desk and renew your own checked out materials provided that the selected items are eligible for renewal (not overdue, not on Hold for other patrons, etc.). Either some or all of the currently checked out items can be renewed. This feature allows you to extend their checkouts and to prevent items from becoming overdue.
1. To renew items online, you must have already received a PIN from Library Circulation Desk staff:
3. Select My Account from the top menu bar
4. Select the Renew My Materials choice
5. Enter your User ID (library card/prox card #) and PIN , click on List Charged Items
6. If any items are eligible for renewal, a list of items displays. The system asks if you want to renew all of the listed items. If you want to renew all of the items, select Y (Yes). If you want to renew only certain items, select N (No). To renew certain items, select the Renew checkbox for each item you want to renew, and press Enter.
Renew Materials Messages
After the Renew Materials command has processed the checked out items you marked for renewal, one of the following messages displays, indicating which items were renewed.
All Requested Items Renewed
X Item(s) Not Renewed, X Item(s) Renewed
The list of checked-out items also displays. Each item renewed displays a new due date.
An item ineligible for renewal displays a message explaining why it was ineligible and its due date is not changed. For example, the following message displays if you cannot renew an item because the library staff must enter an override code because you exceeded your item renewal limit.
Override required to exceed renewal limit
|Academic Library Collections||Academic Library
|USAFA Homepage||USAFA Libraries|
This page last updated 30 March 2012