|The mechanical engineering program strives to prepare graduates for success in a variety of Air Force career fields. To achieve this goal, the program has established the following program educational objectives that its mechanical engineering graduates are expected to achieve within a few years of entering commissioned service with the United States Air Force:
1) Recognition as successful Air Force officers through demonstration of their ability to:
a. Rapidly acquire required knowledge,
b. Lead others effectively,
c. Effectively apply ethical and moral standards,
d. Improve unit performance by application of organizational skills,
e. Make sound decisions based on critical thinking, and
f. Communicate effectively.
2) Selection for career training on or ahead of schedule and for a progression of assignments of increasing responsibility.
3) A demonstrated ability to solve Air Force technical problems.
4) Success in continuing education.
"Educating Engineers for the Military Profession"
The Department of Engineering Mechanics
2354 Fairchild Dr., Ste 6L-155
USAF Academy, CO 80840-6240
(719) 333-2531 Fax: (719) 333-2944
DFEM Internet Site
Contact the Webmaster