Electrical & Computer Engineering Program
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) offers ABET accredited bachelor of science degrees in Computer, Electrical, and Systems Engineering. Studying ECE at USAF Academy gives the student access to a world-class faculty, staff, and facilities, experience with exciting real-world senior design projects and interdisciplinary research initiatives, and outstanding grad school opportunities.
Click here to see a copy of our Electrical and Computer Engineering Major Brochure!
US Air Force Academy Facts
US News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" Rankings
- #1 Baccalaureate College in the West (2010)
- #4 Baccalaureate College Engineering Program (2011)
- #5 in Computer Engineering (2011)
- #6 in Electrical Engineering (2011)
- #1 Accessible professors (2005-2008, 2010)
- #1 Undergraduate Research College (2009)
Senior Capstone Projects
All students participate in a year-long, multi-disciplinary senior capstone project to include the entire design cycle from requirements development through integration and testing.
The majority of these projects are sponsored and funded by DoD and industry partners. Recent projects include Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) for real-time object identification, bio-medical devices for physical therapy, and ground-penetrating RADAR for buried object detection.
A vibrant internship program embeds students into a broad range of organizations including Air Force organizations, DoD agencies, and commercial companies and cover a broad range of electrical and computer engineering topics.
Research Focus Areas
- Cooperative Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) Research Center developing autonomous, cooperative, scalable intelligent systems to perform a variety of military missions
- Microwave Measurements Laboratory with state-of-art anechoic chamber supporting ground penetrating RADAR research, beam-forming
- Alternative Energy Initiatives exploring Smart Grid and green energy educational infrastructure