Welcome to the web pages of the Department of Computer Science at the United States Air Force Academy. The CS department consists of more than 20 faculty members that administer an ABET-accredited Computer Science program and co-administer the Operations Research, Computer Engineering, and Systems Engineering-Information Systems programs.
In addition to teaching over 1400 cadets each year, the department is home to the Academy Center for Cyberspace Research which conducts research in cyber warfare, information assurance, unmanned aerial systems, and cyberspace education.
The mission of the Department of Computer Science at the United States Air Force Academy is to produce officers who effectively use computing principles and technology in the defense of our nation.
To ensure the success of our graduates, we prepare them to attain:1) Recognition as successful Air Force officers through demonstration of their ability to:
- Rapidly acquire required knowledge.
- Lead others effectively.
- Effectively apply ethical and moral standards.
- Improve unit performance by application of organizational skills.
- Make sound decisions based on critical thinking.
- Communicate effectively.
- To recruit, develop and enrich a highly-qualified, diverse faculty and staff.
- To acquire and maintain the resources required to meet our mission.
- To conduct scholarly research in computer science and related fields.