The U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) to grant the Bachelor of Science Degree to qualified graduates.
As a member institution of the HLC, USAFA is fully committed to transparency in reporting student achievement to internal and external stakeholders. Enrollment, retention rates, graduation rates, graduate placement rates, and average starting salary of graduates for the last five years:
|Cohort Year||Class Year||Enrollment||Retention Rate||Completion/ Graduation Rate||Graduate Placement Rate||Average Starting Salary|
- “Cohort Year” corresponds to the fall in which freshmen begin academics. “Class Year” corresponds to the spring in which seniors graduate.
- Enrollment is reported from the start of the academic year in the fall.
- Retention rate is the percentage of first-year students who began their studies in fall of the academic year and returned the next fall.
- Completion/ Graduation Rates are for full-time and first-time students who graduate in 6 or less years and 4 years, respectively.
- All graduates are assigned positions upon commission and graduation from USAFA.
- Average Starting Salary includes base pay, basic allowance for housing (BAH), and basic allowance for subsistence (BAS) for an O-1 with < 2 years of service. BAH rates are based on duty zip code and whether the officer is "with" or "without" dependents. The Colorado Springs locality with no dependents is used to compute "average" BAH for the above average starting salary; other zip codes will vary.
Data provided by IPEDs College Navigator (Enrollment, Retention and Graduation Rates, Accreditation)
Point of Contact
Directorate of Operations and Analysis (HQ USAFA A3/9)
2304 Cadet Dr., Suite 3800, USAF Academy, CO 80840