Helping Agency Contacts
- First Sergeants
- SARC (Sexual Assault Response Coordinator 333-SARC (7272)
- Ambulance/Fire 911
- USAFA Emergency Room 333-5000
- Life Skills 333-5177 (after duty hours call the ER to contact the on call counselor)
- RAINN (Rape Abuse and Incest National Network) Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- TESSA is the local helping agency for sexual assault and domestic violence assistance. Crisis Line 719-633-3819 or 719-633-1462
- Local Suicide Prevention Crisis Line 719-596-LIFE (5433)
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line (includes assistance for stalking and interpersonal violence) 1-800-799-SAFE (7233), 1-800-787-4224 (TTY)
- Interpersonal Violence Crisis Line 1-866-723-3968
- Base Command Post 333-2633
- Community Center Chapel 333-3300 (after duty hours call the Base Command Post @ 333-2633)
- Employee Assistance Program (DoD civilians only) (719) 333-4363
- Family Advocacy 333-5270 (after hours contact through the ER @ 333-5000)
- Life Skills 333-5177 (after hours contact the ER @ 333-5000)
- Memorial Hospital ER (719) 365-5221
- Military Equal Opportunity 333-4259 (after duty hours contact the Base Command Post @ 2633)
- Office of Special Investigations (OSI) 333-3300
- National Suicide Prevention Crisis Line 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Safe Passage (Formerly know as the Children’s Advocacy Center) (719) 636-1912
- Security Forces (Crime reporting) 333-2000
- SARC/ART Team 333-SARC (7272)
- Academy Counseling Center 333-2107 (after duty hours contact the ER @ 333-5000)
- Chaplain Services 333-2636 (after duty hours call 333-2910)
- Cadet Clinic 333-5180 (after duty hours contact the ER @ 333-5000)
- TESSA 719-633-3819 or 719-633-1462
- Human Relations (HR) issues 333-6150
- Military Equal Opportunity (MEO) issues 333-6713
- PEER Hotline 3330-5929 (24/7/365)
- http://www.ccasa.org: Statewide organization that provides information, education and resources to victims of sexual violence.
- www.childhelpusa.org: Meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of abused and neglected children.
- www.coloradocrimevictims.org: Statewide membership organization that addresses the needs of crime victims.
- www.healingclub.com: Online support community for domestic violence victims, survivors and others who want to take part in the healing process.
- www.mencanstoprape.org: Raises awareness of men to prevent sexual violence against women.
- www.nationalcac.org: National advocacy center that assists with child abuse response and prevention.
- www.ncadv.org: National organization that works collectively with the community to end the violence in our lives.
- www.ojp.gov/ovc: Office for Victims of crime national website that puts victims first. This website assists victims of sexual assault and other crimes i.e., domestic violence, stalking, child abuse etc.
- www.raap.org: Rape Assistance Awareness assists victims of sexual assault and provides education programs to the public to prevent sexual violence.
- www.rainn.org: National website that assists survivors with services throughout the country.
- www.safepassagecac.org: Local area helping agency that provides sexually abused children with critical services.
- www.tessacs.org: Local area helping agency that provides services to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- www.usdoj.gov/ovw/: Department of Justice national website for sexual assault awareness, prevention and other crimes against women i.e., domestic violence and stalking.
- www.wingsfound.org: Assists adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse with healing.
- www.malesurvivor.org: Helping boys and men overcome victimization.
- www.sasian.org: Helping survivors of incest.
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, immediately call the SARC:
(available 24/7/365) and follow the below guidelines for preserving evidence.
- Do not bathe, shower or douche.
- Do not change your clothes.
- Do not brush your teeth or use mouthwash.
- Do not use the bathroom, but if you must, save your voided urine for testing at the hospital.
- Do not eat, drink or apply/take any type of medication.
- Do not disturb or clean up the crime scene.