The US Air Force Academy (Academy) is committed to conducting its mission in an environmentally responsible manner that will protect human health and natural resources and preserve the unique character of the Academy by maintaining a balance between the built environment and the natural environment. We are committed to complying with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and other requirements. We will strive for continual improvement in our environmental performance by focusing on sustainability. This commitment encompasses the integration of sound environmental practices into our daily decisions and activities. In support of our environmental policy, we will:
- Maintain an effective environmental management system (EMS), promote the use of best management practices, and minimize or eliminate adverse impacts to the environment and the Academy community.
- Set environmental goals, measure progress, and communicate results regarding the Academy's operations and its environmental accomplishments to the Academy community as appropriate.
- Evaluate new and innovative technologies and practices, maintain an effective pollution prevention program, minimize the generation of wastes, maximize waste recycling, and dispose of any remaining wastes in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Responsibly use resources such as energy, water, fuel, and other natural resources and adopt processes that promote conservation whenever practicable.
- Conduct regular EMS and operation-specific environmental performance reviews and take corrective and preventive action when needed to address actual or potential conformance.
Conformance with this Environmental Policy is the responsibility of all personnel at the Academy in accordance with their duties.
Questions about Environmental issues can be e-mailed to 10 CES/CEV (Environmental).
Question about the this web site can be sent to the Web Administrator